Saturday, August 23, 2008

~I HEART YOU~

...WHAT IS IT?!

It's delightfully pink- that I know.

It's cute.

It's very girlie.

It's a purse?

It's a box of candy?

It's a jewelry box?

Hmmm............NO!

It's a Tulip Ego Love Edition Carry Case Laptop!
It's extravagant and expensive!
It's $5.000.00...yes, as in THOUSANDS!
It's at Barney's.

BUT IT'S PINK AND SOOOOO CUTE!



I have a cute, girlie, pink laptop and I 'heart' it a lot!


It's wireless. I can use it in my favorite comfy livingroom chair.



I can use it at my kitchen counter while I enjoy a cup of tea.

It's pink through and through...and I 'HEART' IT!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



MARTHA STEWART'S PINK MERINGUE DROPS

4 large egg whites, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 pinch cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pink food coloring
6 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 teaspoons canola oil or pure vegetable shortening

Preheat oven to 200 degrees with two racks centered. Line four baking sheets with parchment paper. Fill a medium saucepan 1/4 full with water. Set the saucepan over medium heat, and bring water to a simmer.

In the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer combine egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar, and place over the saucepan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes. Test by rubbing between your fingers.

Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; whip, starting on low speed and gradually increasing to high, until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and just a few drops of food coloring; beat to combine, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.

Fill a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch tip with the meringue. Pipe 3/4- to 1-inch drops onto prepared baking sheet; after each drop is piped by squeezing the bag, release from squeezing, and pull straight up with the bag to create the very fine curled tip on each drop. Bake until drops are hard to the touch but not browned, about 1 1/2 hours. Repeat to use all meringue. Meringue drops may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.

Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, or the top of a double boiler, set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Stir in the oil or shortening until well combined. Dip the bottom of each cooled meringue drop into the melted chocolate; stick two together if desired. Turn upside down on a cooling rack, and let chocolate harden -- this can take up to 50 minutes at room temperature -- or just freeze on parchment paper for 5 minutes. Serve. Makes 16 dozen drops.
I MIGHT TRY THESE ONE DAY WHEN I'M FEELING AMBITIOUS!

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY TO YOU ALL!

33 comments:

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Deborah,
I'm feeling really pink! Love your laptop!
Rhonda

One Shabby Old House said...

Thank you for your warm welcome to FFFF. As for Pink Saturday, I will just have to have you go back to my boys ears in the photo. They are pink, one pinker than the others from my Mom hold on them.
lol
Becky
Laceandlures.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

That is one cute laptop. A bit pricey but adorable. I have a lovely black laptop and PC :)

I look forward to seeing what kind of pink recipe you will post. Thanks for sharing!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Deborah! I'm loving all your pinkness today!! I want that little purse!!
Be a pink sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lochlanina said...

Happy Pink Saturday.

Virginia said...

Happy and Bless Pink Saturday to you. Love your Pink laptop, and the recipe sound soooooo yummy.
Virginia

Anonymous said...

Well, if that is not the cutest thing! But, I believe I love yours even more. And, that cute little mouse!!!

Happy Pink Saturday, Deborah. I hope you are doing well.

Tracy said...

Hi, Deborah! What a delightful post...thanks for the recipe, those sweet merigues look sooo good! And LOVE your pink laptop--that is super!! Happy Pink Saturday ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Deborah, I adore your post today. I heart the pink computer too. What an extravagance to say the least! But it's a good thing. smile.

The recipe reminds me that I haven't had breakfast. I'm hungry. Love that Martha Stewart.

Love you too, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Deborah, I just read your sweet comments about my surgery. You are a real friend and I appreciate you so much. Raleigh, here I come, at Thanksgiving. Hope I get to see you and the girls.

Love, Jeanne

Mad Red Hare said...

Cute laptop, I must remember that if I win the lottery! Oh wait, to win, you must play!

Anne Fannie said...

Deborah, love all your pinkness but that is one really cute pink laptop!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Great pink post Deborah. One of these days I am going to get me a laptop and catch up with the rest of the world. ~ Lynn

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your laptop is so cool, but wow, wouldn't you LOVE to have that heart one!!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness! A 5000. laptop. I guess I won't be getting one of those for Christmas! Happy Pink Saturday!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Deborah! That is the cutest laptop ever! I do love taking my computer to the kitchen while cooking, I even talk to my parents on the camera while I getting dinner ready! Wishing you a lovely day, hugs! Vanessa

That Crazy Ajumma said...

My 16 yr old saw this laptop when I clicked on your page and she gasped.And shes doesnt even like pink lol.
No way shes my daughter..
Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

That first laptop... no WAY! It's way too cute! (and, of course, EXPENSIVE). But yours is so cute, too! Love the pink pictures.

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Your pictures are so cute
super cool!;)

have a nice pink weekend!

visit me anytime....

xoxo

said...

That Tulip laptop case is luscious!

Unknown said...

I really want a laptop. And might as well get a pink one! Right??

Hope you have a great day,
Diane

Angie said...

mmmmmmm...I love meringues..and pink ones will taste even better I bet! I love your laptop..so girly!

~Angie

Anonymous said...

I just adore the ~Pink~ laptops. I think I will put them on my wish lists for a very long time !!! Thank you for the receipe - I have to try these.

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well I love your pink laptop a lot more then the $5000 one. Your's is darling. Wish I had one.

Hugs,
Joanne

YayaOrchid said...

I much prefer your pink Dell laptop! It sure is pretty and girlie pink. Thank you for the meringue drops recipe. So nice and pretty too!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy PS! What an adorable laptop!

Can you send me a few of those pink meringues? They look yummy!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Suzie Button said...

Oh, a lovely pink laptop! I enjoyed all your pink gifts. Thanks! And Have a Happy Pink weekend, what's left of it!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhhh Deborah, that is too too too ....pink ! and I love it ! Ummm not 5K worth but still....


(())

Mary said...

Such an indulgence - isn't life strange when one thinks of the differences between peoples' lives!

Your laptop looks like mine - but I wasn't brave enough to buy pink!

Thanks for the offer to borrow the DVD set - I would love to do that when I get back from France perhaps.

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Oh la la, love pink, its my favorite color. Love the pink laptop. Hugs***Renea

Margie said...

I *heart* the *pink* laptops and the candy looks yummy too!

Anonymous said...

Deborah, are you ok? You might be visiting family. This is Friday am. I am home now, ding well I thinLove Jeanne

YayaOrchid said...

Deborah, will you please stop by my blog? You've received an award there! thank you!