Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Wonderful Time Was Had By All!



SUZANNA'S is Raleigh's place for treasure hunters to find retro and vintage, a place for friends to meet and a place to kick back and have fun.
Last evening was one of those times. The grand opening banner ribbon was up and the scissors were decorated for the 'ribbon'-cutting celebration. The treasures were in place to be found by the throng of people who came to find their heart's desires. We were treated to wine and hor d'oeuvres, the weather was gorgeous - it could not have been a better evening for the official grand opening of the new section of SuzAnna's!




The proud proprietoresses in their darling vintage aprons that could be bought right off them.




Pink Love


I passed up this silver teapot lamp...what was I thinking?! hmmm, wonder if it's still sitting in the cozy corner display? I may go back for it. It was a bargain!



The vintage hankies and aprons where hung with care





This lovely little victorian chair was finished with a beautiful pastoral upholstery.



The lovely owners of SuzAnna's - Anna and Suzanne ready to cut the 'ribbon'...........


...........and the opening is now official!



Some of the treasurer hunters and well-wishers.

Among those enjoying the evening's events: Vicki (who secretly reads our blogs!:)... isn't she cute in that vintage hat?... VANESSA, myself and MARY. Check out Vanessa and Mary's blogs for more about our evening at Suzanna's.




This is part of Sam's Country Porch and Garden next to Suzanna's - beautiful flowers, plants, veggies, old tools, and old rustic furniture.



Yes! A wonderful time was had by all!

********************

Don't forget...Leave a comment on this post and any post to come and you will be entered in the Cottage Charm giveaway!
See below.
**********************

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deborah, I have now read your post, and Mary's and Vanessa's. It looks like everything was wonderful, and that you had a great evening.

I will make it one of these days.

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit. You are entered in the drawing and good luck!

Faith

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Looks like a LOVELY place to shop! I love the grand opening banner. And those aprons are too cute! (Go back and get that teapot lamp! heehee)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest place ever! I love that you can buy the aprons right off the staff! Geez, I wish there was a place like that around here.. And yes, you should go back for that teapot lamp - it's beautiful! Glad you liked the paint by numbers :)...Donna

Vanessa Greenway said...

Simply beautiful!! It was such fun!! Whenever you're going back there please! let me know! I would love to get to see you again! Hugs! Vanessa

Joanne Kennedy said...

That looks like it would be a blast to go there. I love the photo with all the ladies wearing aprons. I collect vintage aprons so of course they caught my eye right away.

Joanne

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Looks like a wonderful place!
Yes you should go back to get that teapot lamp!
smiles,
Sandy

Michele said...

What a fun place to shop!! If I were you, I'd definitely buy that adorable tea pot lamp!! It's wonderful!!!

Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

Rosie's Whimsy said...

That is the most marvelous place. I can't get enough of the pictures. It would be so wonderful to live somewhere where i could browse a place like that often! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

:-) Rosie

Miss Gracie's House said...

Just have a minute for a quick visit~so nice to *meet* you! I'll be back to read more after the festivities of the weekend are over.
Rene'

LBP said...

Deborah,

What a fun place! Looks like just the kind of place I could spend hours in!

Please enter me in your giveaway!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Blessings
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah,
I was happy to meet you and Vanessa the other night.The picture of all of us turned out real cute!!
I hope that one of these days,all of us can get together.
And I love your blog!!
Vicki

The Charm House said...

What a great place!!! I love the banner (have to make me one for something) and the aprons!!! Makes one feel right at home!!!!

Mary said...

Yes, it was a fun time and a perfect evening to party! Vanessa was so excited and I'm glad she could make it. We now have to get Beverly to join us some day - she's busy until Fall so we'll work on her then!!

Hope you've had a good visit to see Leah - let's talk soon.
Hugs - Mary.