Saturday, January 30, 2010

We've been frosted!


Last night's sky took on a pinkish hue and large flakes fell fast.
The land was covered quickly.



The morning's light brought the crystals to life.


Our wild friends were thankful for the feeders we had filled before the snow.
Doesn't he look happy?



Like icing on a tiered cake, the snow decorated.




Perhaps it's a good day to stay cozy warm inside...
just sitting and watching chubby red birds.

...or maybe we could bake a cake!


.
Chocolate for Nicholas and vanilla for Kathryn! Yummy!



...and don't forget the sprinkles!!


4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It took me a second to figure out what the first picture was!!! So you had some snow. Looks like Mr. Squirrel is enjoying it!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

claudie said...

Double frosted!
Now I know what you've been doing... how cute is Mr. Squirrel? Wish I was there to enjoy that cake.
I'm sick, yup head cold, sore tooth, scared of the dentist Monday SICK.. yuck.
Did you go play in the snow? I hope so.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

Beverly said...

Deborah, that cake is adorable, and so are the bakers.

I am so glad to see you posting again. I've missed you.

jeanne said...

Hi Deborah, I am so happy to see you blogging again. I love your post today. Your photos are like art. Really good. Snow holds a certain fascination doesn't it?

The grands are so adorable. They did a great job on the cake. Plus I know they had lots of fun too.

Thank you for your sweet comments about CC. She is a very unusual color. Of course, we adore her.

It is so nice to visit you again.

Love you my friend,
Jeanne