Thursday, November 13, 2008

~The Prize Fighter~

Two of my favorite family photos are these of my uncle Bill. These pictures are from his boxing days. He held the light-weight boxing title in West Virginia. He once won a fight with a broken wrist.

Besides being a boxer, he was a radio broadcaster, an artist, song writer and a missionary in Honduras for over fifteen years. He was the most gentle man I have ever known.

This first picture was 'framed' by my cousin in Texas.
Thank you, Katherine!





Would you like to learn more about your blogger friends and their families? These ladies are posting their favorite family photo today. Check them out and be sure to let them know you stopped by.


KATIE

CLAUDIE

MONTEE

CAROLYN

JOY

VANESSA

DIANE

JEANNE

SHERRIE

DAWN

FAITH


10 comments:

Vanessa Greenway said...

That's amazing! A broken wrist must been really painful! Great pictures! Love, Vanessa

Vanessa Greenway said...

I should be sleeping right now but it's the only "me" time I have! Oh yeah! Mary and I had a great time! We missed you!! And she told you were keeping the little ones. We're close by let me know if you need any help, we could take the kids to do something, ok? Much love, Vanessa ps. Ryan's havign some friends from Virginia coming over this weekend and I'm sure they will be glad if Luna and I leave the house so they can have some "guy stuff" time.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your Photos are wonderful! Such wonderful memories for you. My Favorite Family Foto is posted. You can see it here:
SHERRIE'S STUFF: FAMILY FAVORITE FOTO
Take Care!!

Sherrie

said...

Sounds like he led a very interesting life!

Anonymous said...

Deborah, I am so happy to see your post this morning. I was afraid you decided to stay in FL. LOL.

Your Uncle Bill looks great in his photo. For being such a gentle man he picked a strange sport. I am sure the way you describe him, is the reason he didn't pursue fighting. It is pretty impressive that he held the title in West Virginia. He is quite a guy.

Love...Jeanne

Grandma Faith said...

Wonderful story about your Uncle Bill. He sounds like a character. Love, Faith

Montee said...

West Virginian's are tough! Cool pictures.

Anonymous said...

Deborah
I truly hope to meet you one day, I really do. Thank you for the kind words from your heart. I just had to use my dad again today for your special day.
Love your pictures of your uncle. I can feel the love thru my screan.
Hugs from Claudie

Dawn said...

What great old pictures. It sounds like your Uncle Bill led a very full life.

I can't imagine doing anything with a broken wrist!

take care,
Dawn

Unknown said...

Hi Deborah,
Great pictures of your uncle Bill. There's nothing like family!

Thanks for hosting,
diane